December 20, 2009

Cast off.

I'm embarking on the first fast of my entire life. When I was little I didn't think I could handle it. But... I think I can do this. I feel strongly enough, you know?
My first fast. Wow.
There's got to be some preparation for it? I mean, I should have been storing up fats so that my body would have something to feed off of for the next week.
Christmas, I hope we eat after sundown, if not, I won't eat anything else that day except the meal.
I'm scared. But I'm excited too.
I'm fasting for my friend Tim.
Day one starts in twelve minutes.
I should be quaking in my shoes for my life.
I barely get enough to eat as it is.
But... God's got it in his hands.

For you, Tim. For you.
Fasting. Praying all that time I would be thinking about food or I would be preparing.
I am so excited to see what God gives me this week.
:) In a way I think it's good I've gone through this too.
Actually. I know it is.
Wish me luck, and should you choose to, join me for a day.
Pray for him, and for me.

Love always
Nikole

1 comment:

  1. Praying. I'm proud to be able to call you a friend. Actually humbled.

    ReplyDelete